Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Moving to Virginia

It is with both sadness and joy that I write my last post as quigleywh (Yes, I know my last post really came a long time ago). My wife Amy & I have decided to move our family to Northern VA to be closer to the rest of our extended families. We will be moving in with Amy's grandmother and taking care of her as she works her way into her latter years.

The decision is not based on the political outcomes over the last few years as I'm not bitter toward anyone in town. I believe this is a great town and I hope that the changes coming this year will only help to improve the outlook for the future.

I will miss my friends and adversaries alike. Without both groups, who would have any fun...who would get into politics?

One thing that I offer to anyone who gets this is the opportunity to live within a little more than 1/2 a mile to the center yet live away from the craziness that will be coming. We are selling our house on Overbrook Rd and hope that someone who needs more space in a house and live in a great area is ready to come take a look. Click the link below and go through the virtual tour on isoldmyhouse.com.

http://www.isoldmyhouse.com/ismh/properties?action=ls&adnum=127225&state=CT

The house is a cape, but it's been expanded to add a lot of room. We've also finished off most the basement with new tile and great built in shelves. Don't just look at the pictures from the street or do a driveby as the house is very deceiving from the road.

Anyway, thanks to you all who supported some of our causes over the past few years.

Mark

2 comments:

quig said...

Hey Mark - I hope you start a new blog in northern VA - love, dad

whisperingangel said...

Yes, the problem with West Hartford is that they try to be a Greenwich, CT copy clone and they just cannot.
They should stop all the games and prejudices and start allowing the economy to flourish there. I hate west hartford, but I go to Whole Foods to shop sometimes. My daughter runs Zachers, and so, Im well aware of the crap that goes on in thier snoody government. Greenwich wanna be's!!