Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Connors Stepping Down

I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate Kevin Connors on a job well done. While I've only been in West Hartford for 5 years, there has been no more of a steady backbone to the town council as Mr. Connors. I think it's unfortunate that he was up against the current mayor when challenging for the State Senate, but I think that run was a long shot with West Hartford leaning towards the left. One thing to note was the 9-0 approval of Blue Back. I believe and have discussed this with others in the town that had Connors taken a stand against Blue Back, he would have garnered more votes, generated a higher turn out and eventually taken the Senate seat. That being said, speculation is speculation. All-in-all, I think this gives the republican party an opportunity to regroup, find a couple of fresh faces and get to the job of working the issues from a little farther right of center than the past few months. Good luck, Mr. Connors. Mark

No comments: